This Trick or Science: Catching the Light lesson plan also includes:
Your class might be surprised to learn that mirrors have been around since the first century AD! Young scientists explore reflection and refraction of light through a series of challenges. They use this knowledge to design their own magic tricks and answer a summative quiz.
- Extend the lesson by exploring concave and convex mirrors
- If time allows, play Laser Maze
- Relies on prior knowledge of light energy and its properties and behaviors
- Lists supplementary resources for both teachers and pupils
- Fun, interactive lesson keeps scholars engaged throughout
- Includes answer key