This How Turtle Shells Evolved... Twice video also includes:
How do turtle shells form? Scholars explore the evolution of turtle shells and learn about how they form from many different bones before relating the process to cell differentiation in an organism. Pupils also look at different turtle ancestors and how their shells have changed over time. At the end, they check their understanding with a short assessment.
- Use as an introduction to the skeletal system in an anatomy and physiology class
- Hook students' interest to guide research ideas on animal evolution
- Requires some background biology knowledge for understanding
- Interesting and engaging video
- Provides additional teacher resources