Fossils are fun with a function! But, why aren't they everywhere? Discover the unique conditions needed for fossil formation using an illustrated video. Junior paleontologists learn the differences between whole body and trace fossils, as well as where they can most likely find fossils. This interesting video is part of the Fuse School playlist covering Evolution.
- Use the video to introduce the fossil record or to illustrate the conditions needed for fossils to form
- Pass around some fossils for class members to examine and invite them to bring their own to class
- Take some time to discuss types of fossils before watching the video
- Pupils are left with a clear understanding of how fossils form and why they are important for research
- The video's animations are fun yet very helpful for conveying the content