This Using Models to Understand Photosynthesis activity & project also includes:
Is your class in the dark about photosynthesis? Shed some sunlight on an important biological process with a thoughtful activity. After answering questions to help determine their level of knowledge, learners work with chemical equations and graphic representations to better understand how photosynthesis creates chemical energy.
- Place pupils in pairs or small groups to answer questions, then come back together as a class and discuss
- Use the video links in the teacher's guide to support classwork and fill gaps in understanding
- Assumes students complete the activity after a related resource about ATP and cellular respiration
- The lesson provides an excellent opportunity for individuals to learn collaboratively and engage in evidence-based discussion
- Three different models show photosynthesis from every angle
- A fully-stocked teacher's guide contains video links, handouts, and planning ideas