This Graphing the Logarithmic Function lesson plan also includes:
Teach collaboration and communication skills in addition to graphing logarithmic functions. Scholars in different groups graph different logarithmic functions by hand using provided coordinate points. These graphs provide the basis for the identification of key features of all logarithmic functions.
- Divide the class into groups so the number of groups is a multiple of three to ensure enough groups for different log functions
- Resource does not require calculators
- Need a way to project student-generated graphs to the rest of the class (e.g., overhead, document camera, etc.)
- Worksheets contain coordinate planes, so you do not need graph paper
- Professional-looking graphs with different functions drawn in unique colors for easy reference