This Graphing Functions to Solve Equations video also includes:
Intersections become solutions. Scholars watch a video on using a graphing calculator to find the solution to an equation in one variable. While watching the presentation, pupils practice working some of the examples and compare their answers to the given answer within the video. Learners then practice finding the solution to 15 different equations in the provided activity.
- Spend some time to be sure class members can use their graphing calculator to find the point of intersection and to enter different functions into the calculator
- Installment four in the Algebra I Unit 8 playlist with five parts on functions
- Requires a graphing calculator
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes screenshots of the calculator window to show the intended graph in the answer key
- Reviews the arithmetic of absolute value and square root to introduce absolute value and square root functions