This End of Unit 1 Assessment, Part 1: Drafting the Argumentative Essay lesson plan also includes:
Time is of the essence. Pupils spend time completing the first draft of their essays based on Katherine Paterson's novel Lyddie. Using everything they've learned throughout the unit, they craft their arguments about whether Lyddie should sign the petition about unfair working conditions in the mills.
- Gather resources such as anchor charts, notes, and graphic organizers from the unit to help students write their essays
- Consider allowing scholars to use computers to type their essays to make revisions easier
- Lesson 18 from the 20-part Grade 7 ELA Module 2a, Unit 1 series
- Offers differentiation strategies
- Includes a writing rubric to help with grading and feedback