This Generating Reasons: Should Lyddie Sign the Petition? lesson plan also includes:
Scholars synthesize evidence from Katherine Paterson's Lyddie to create a list of the pros and cons of Lyddie signing a petition about working conditions. They use the Lyddie's Decision anchor chart to record their thoughts and ideas about the topic.
- Have partners share with each other what they would do if they were in Lyddie's position
- Installment 12 from the 20-part Grade 7 ELA Module 2a, Unit 1 series
- Requires a document camera and one copy of Lyddie for each student
- Includes helpful teaching notes
- Offers differentiation techniques