This Diffusion and Cell Size and Shape activity & project also includes:
Is your class ready to size up the topic of diffusion? Help them get cell shape savvy with a well-written handout. The resource covers how substances such as oxygen passively move through the cell membrane and how cell size and shape influence the rate of diffusion.
- Expand the lesson using content easily located on the publisher's website
- Pass around 3-D cell models to give your hands-on learners a visual aid
- Students should understand the concept of diffusion before discussing the factors that affect diffusion rate
- Make double-sided copies for each pupil and provide Internet access, so they can check out related videos and animations
- Examples clarify the content nicely
- Pupils easily locate extra help, thanks to the related resources provided on the handout