Cells are busy places! How do things move around in such a tiny environment? Introduce young life scientists to the types of cellular transport through a video that is part of a large biology playlist. Animated characters demonstrate how various substances enter and exit the cell, as well as the energy requirements of each type.
- Show the video as a part of a cells unit
- Assign the resource as homework the night before beginning transport, or ask pupils to use it as a study tool
- Learners need to be familiar with basic cell structure, as well as organelles, prior to beginning cell transport
- The explanations of each type of transport are very clear
- Visual representations of each transport method are simple and easy for students to reproduce in their notes