This Comparing Depictions of the Boston Massacre interactive also includes:
Academics compare images of the Boston Massacre to understand differing opinions of the event. Scholars view multiple images, participate in group discussion, and complete a series of written prompts. Young historians gain an understanding of how a single historical event can be judged from multiple viewpoints.
- Complete the activity as a group to assist learners unfamiliar with analyzing images
- Have pupils write newspaper articles describing the events of the Boston Massacre
- The activity is designed to be completed on a computer
- Resource uses primary sources to enhance learning
- Activity is good for English learners as it uses images instead of written text