This Examining The Boston Massacre Through Primary Sources lesson plan also includes:
The Boston Massacre is the focus of a instructional activity that explores primary sources. Scholars examine two primary source images and discuss the different perspectives on the historical event. After groups read a researched account, they perform a skit depicting one perspective. To assess comprehension, participants answer a question about the Boston Massacre.
- Give class members the choice of acting their skit live or recording and playing it for their peers
- Make the Exit Ticket a blog post that learners respond to and reply to peers
- Requires projection for the slide show and copies made of the handouts
- The pictures in question may be too graphic for some learners
- Includes teacher's notes and an extension opportunity
- Incorporates cooperative learning strategies