Ants head out in the morning to collect food and all return at the end of the day, yet they don't have traffic jams. An intriguing resource compares ant travel patterns to human travel patterns as part of a biology playlist. It discusses the ants' three-lane system and the human ego as major factors in the differences.
- Set up a video of the flow of traffic in hallways between classes and discuss how it relates to these concepts
- Observe various traffic control measures in different countries and compare their safety rates
- Relies on prior knowledge of traffic, specifically cars which scholars in some large cities might not experience due to subway and other public transportation
- Offers closed captioning in seven languages for the benefit of English learners
- Includes a list of references and articles to learn more
- Relatable topic for the majority of people