This What Is Engineering?: Crash Course Engineering #1 video also includes:
So you think you know what engineering is? The first of 46 videos in the Crash Course Engineering series identifies and describes different types of engineering, including military, civil, mechanical, electrical, chemical, nuclear, industrial, aerospace, and biomedical engineering. It uses a story of encountering and studying an unknown blob to illustrate how the engineering fields all work together.
- Invite engineers to give talks about their fields
- Have learners create graphic organizers comparing the different engineering areas
- Familiarity with basic science concepts is a plus
- Graphics help hold viewer interest
- Narrator's enthusiasm for the topic is apparent