The first AIDS cases in the United States were reported in June of 1981. AIDS quickly became an epidemic soon and the lack of a treatment or cure caused fear in the entire population. Viewers observe a geographical representation of the spread of the AIDS across the country and see why it was so worrisome.
- Create a graph to display the information presented on the map
- Continue the map from 1997 through 2007 and discuss the changes
- Relies on prior knowledge of the difference between HIV and AIDS
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides links to related videos
- Short duration helps maintain viewer attention