Scientists believe red hair and pale skin evolved in northern Europe because it helped humans synthesize vitamin D easier than those with more melanin in their skin. Viewers explore many interesting facets of evolution in a video all about evolution. The narrator shares information about the importance of variation assisting evolution, the analysis of nipples found on males, and discusses why monkeys still exist on Earth.
- Pair learners and have them research an aspect of evolution discussed in the video and share their findings with the class
- Resource is 12 videos mashed into one; description and video include links to the individual videos
- Learners must have a computer and Internet access if flipping the classroom
- Video includes high-quality diagrams, images, and videos
- Explores fascinating aspects of evolution and includes examples of modern day-evolution to keep viewers engaged
- Includes further readings and websites in description