Without the theory of evolution, we wouldn't understand the origins of HIV. The video explains three mysteries solved using the theory of evolution. It opens with shrinking fish, then the origins of HIV, and finally why grasslands turn into deserts. Multiple lines of evidence support each conclusion and the overall answer to if evolution really matters.
- Discuss other branches of science that build off of the theory such as biomedical engineering
- Assign a creative writing prompt about how the world would be different if evolution didn't happen naturally
- Display the video carefully so the comments are not in view
- Provides subtitles in Arabic, English, Portuguese, and Serbian
- Includes many links to sources of more in-depth information about everything discussed in the video