This Targeted at Home: Islamophobia lesson plan also includes:
- Targeted at Home: Islamophobia (.html)
- Muslim 'Twoness': Fearful Of Some, Feared By Others
- American Muslims: Fact vs. Fiction
- What Is the Truth About American Muslims?
- Small Truths: American Muslim
- Storycorps Oral Histories
- 9 devastating, revealing stories of being Muslim in post-9/11 America
- Join to access all included materials
September 11th was a terrible tragedy with long-reaching consequences. Scholars learn about the Islamophobia that occurred to many Muslim Americans following the 9/11 attacks. The resource provides videos, articles, and interviews to explain the Islamic religion. Scholars also complete handouts and participate in group discussion to understand the anger directed toward Muslim Americans following the terrorist attack.
- Arrange for a Muslim activist to speak to the class about their experiences with racism in the US
- Compare and contrast the public's treatment of Muslim Americans after 9/11 and modern day
- Final installment of a three-part series called Becoming US - Belonging unit
- The lesson promotes tolerance and diversity
- Resource includes an exit ticket to give pupils an opportunity to share what they learned