This Structure and Function of Cells, Organs and Organ Systems activity & project also includes:
Cells of different organs have unique cell functions. Learn how cell functions vary depending on their roles in the body using an inquiry-based activity. Scholars analyze the cell structure to make comparisons to its functions, allowing them to make conclusions about all cells. The lesson focuses on the digestive and circulatory system but generalizes conclusions to all systems.
- Include as a supplement to a unit on cell structure and function
- Provide the challenge questions to early finishers as differentiation
- Learners should have a basic understanding of cell organelle structure and function prior to the activity
- Offers an option to obtain an answer key that is not available to students
- Includes links to additional resources to extend learning