This Sortify: U.S. Citizenship interactive also includes:
What is the difference between a right and a responsibility? Scholars consider the question while sorting characteristics of citizenship into buckets using a video game. After playing, class members see how effectively they sorted the elements of citizenship into different thematic categories.
- Use as a warm-up activity to talk about rights and responsibilities of citizenship
- After playing, extend by asking learners what other categories they would create for the game
- Requires computer access for all students
- Categories are engaging and allow for lively debate
- Game is fun to play with near-instant feedback