This Secrets of Sourdough video also includes:
What makes sourdough bread different from other types of bread? An installment of a PBS food science video series explains the science behind fermentation, yeast, bacteria, and their relationship with sourdough bread. It also discusses other foods that require fermentation.
- Make sourdough bread in class if time allows
- Taste test various types of bread, keeping in mind possible allergies
- Video available for streaming or downloading
- Educator Guide includes discussion questions related to the topic
- Provides many links to related content