This Rolling with Roller Coasters lesson plan also includes:
Sometimes science is all fun and games! A hands-on STEM lesson asks learners to design and create models of roller coasters. They analyze the motion using a marble and describe the areas of maximum kinetic and potential energy.
6 Views 6 Downloads NGSS: Designed
- Incorporate as a performance task during a unit on kinetic and potential energy
- Begin by having individuals analyze the kinetic and potential energy of roller coasters at popular theme parks
- Allow time to collect and prepare necessary materials
- Offers suggestions for guiding questions throughout the activity
- Provides ideas for formative and summative assessments