This Investigation: Conservation of Energy activity & project also includes:
By rolling marbles down a six-foot length of track, physical scientists determine how much energy is lost to heat. It is recommended that you opt for the foam pipe insulation track because more friction slows the marble, allowing learners more time to measure, and the tracks can then be rolled up for more than one space option when storing for future use.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Comes with an additional handout of vocabulary and comprehensive information on kinetic and potential energy, different forms, and the law of conservation of energy
- Visually attractive lab sheet that also walks pupils through every part of the scientific process
- Quality diagrams help groups to visualize the experimental setup
- Can be used to meet Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards