This Relative Velocity Simulation interactive also includes:
If your pupils think relative velocity is the velocity at which you can run away from your relatives, they need this simulation. Two bikers want to meet at a specific time. Scholars alter the velocity of one rider to arrange the perfectly timed meeting. The meeting can be observed from the point of view of a stationary observer or either of the bike riders.
- Discuss the application of relative velocity to space shuttles meeting the international space station
- Requires a free CK-12 account to access the interactive
- Assumes prior knowledge of reading and interpreting graphs
- Simulation doesn't continue until the correct solution is given to each of three trials
- Graphs the position of each rider versus the time