This Butterfly Stroke interactive also includes:
Swimmers improve their times by understanding the physics of their sport. As a swimmer moves through the water, the efficiency of motion affects the resulting velocity. Through an interactive simulation, pupils change the level of motion to adjust velocity. Graphs follow the motion of the swimmer showing the velocity and position over time.
- Play a video of an Olympic competition to introduce the activity
- Have collaborative groups brainstorm and propose a Community Contributed question
- Create a free CK-12 account to access the lesson
- Interactive component allows learners to work at their own pace
- Includes links to additional interactive materials to explore the concept further