This Red Record of Lynching Map Analysis interactive also includes:
Long before the civil rights movement, leaders were working to secure equal rights. An informative activity explains the 1922 anti-lynching campaign with a map. Scholars analyze the map, complete a worksheet, and participate in group discussion to understand efforts to end lynchings in the United States.
- Guide a group discussion on the effects of the anti-lynching campaign
- Compare civil rights efforts during 1922 to modern day
- Requires Internet access to complete a portion of the activity
- The activity is perfect for remote learning
- Students can complete the resource individually, in pairs, or as a group