This Reading Primary Sources: Darwin and Wallace activity & project also includes:
Take your classes back in time. Learners read real historical texts from both Darwin and Wallace as well as an announcement of their findings. Using guiding questions, they make inferences and draw conclusions from the information in the text samples that present each scientist's theory of evolution.
- Have learners create a graphic organizer to compare and contrast the work by Darwin and Wallace
- Pair the lesson with another from the same author to analyze both video and script evidence
- Expects a solid understanding of evolution by natural selection
- Offers several teaching tips as variations of the lesson
- Adaptable to different grade levels