This Quantum Dots and the Harkess Method activity also includes:
The Fantastic Voyage is becoming close to reality. The class reads an article on the use of nanotechnology in the medical field and participate in a discussion about what they read. The discussion method helps class members become more critical readers of scientific information.
- Show a portion of Fantastic Voyage as a hook
- To get all of the class to participate in the discussion, encourage them to take notes on the questions as they read
- Conduct some background research on the Harkness method to aid in leading the discussion
- The lesson is the sixth installment of a seven-part series.
- The questions help guide class members while they read
- The teacher resources contain vocabulary words and definitions
- The videos in the lecture notes are not available