This Quadratic Reflections assessment also includes:
Reflect upon the graphs of quadratic functions. Given a quadratic function to graph, pupils determine whether the graph after a horizontal and vertical reflection is still a function. The final two questions ask scholars to describe a quadratic function that is its own horizontal or vertical reflection.
- After the assessment, lead a discussion on whether a function reflected across the horizontal axis can be itself
- The class should be able to identify and define functions
- Individuals need to be familiar with transformations of functions
- Includes an answer key with sample responses
- Denotes the mathematical big idea