Introduce zeros of a function and their relationship to the graph of the function. an informative video uses the definition of a zero to help identify them on a graph and provides several examples of finding the zeros of a variety of function types.
- Give the class one or two zeros and have them draw a graph that fits
- Provided examples are not all linear or quadratics as required by the standard
- Individuals should already be familiar with graphing basic functions
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- The examples in the video include ones with a context
- Includes a discussion on what it means to not have a zero