The words organic chemistry and simple are not usually seen in the same sentence. Introduce the foundation of the science to young chemists with a video from JFR Science. Topics include the chemical classes of hydrocarbons, their uses in everyday life, and some basic nomenclature.
- The resource is a great way to kick off an organic chemistry unit
- Encourage learners to draw the base structures and name them in their notes
- The resource is written for viewers early in the study of organic chemistry
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- The narrator strives throughout the video to keep viewers focused on the topic without branching out into more difficult structures
- Gives special attention to new terminology that is specific to organic chemistry to help pupils get used to it