This Organic Formulae 1 interactive also includes:
Puzzles are the formula for success in organic chemistry! Hydrocarbons abound in the first of two interactives involving basic organic molecules. The easy-to-use lesson is available online and in print form, so you can pick your delivery method.
6 Views 4 Downloads
- Opt for the worksheet version to allow the class some formula-writing practice time
- Add the activity to a beginning organic chemistry lesson
- Students should understand the relationship between the nomenclature used and the number of carbons in the formula, as well as basic hydrocarbon structure
- Gives pupils the big picture by having them relate the name of the molecule to its molecular formula, structural formula, and displayed formula
- The online version includes hints to help users as they work the puzzles