This Modeling with Polynomials—An Introduction (part 2) lesson plan also includes:
Linear, quadratic, and now cubic functions can model real-life patterns. High schoolers create cubic regression equations to model different scenarios. They then use the regression equations to make predictions.
8 Views 4 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Form collaborative groups to complete the exercises in the lesson; monitor scholars to identify and misconceptions, and to ensure understanding
- Begins as an extension of the previous lesson in the series
- Learners should already have experience with regression equations
- Encourages learners to try different models to determine the best regression model for the data
- Provides both guided and independent practice problems with answer keys