This Exponential Modeling lesson plan also includes:
Investigate exponential growth and decay. A set of six activities has pupils collecting and researching data in a variety of situations involving exponential relationships. They model these situations with exponential functions and solve problems using these functions.
- Use the optional activity as an extra credit assignment
- One of the activities requires M&M's or other small candies/objects
- It is helpful if learners already know how to create scatter plots and find regression equations on a graphing calculator
- Available in Word form for easy editing
- Worksheets contain tables and grids for individuals to use
- Some of the activities are not very realistic