Don't fall for these common misconceptions about falling objects! Using two sports balls with different masses, the interviewer demonstrates in a brief video the forces at work. Participants marvel as a much-heavier medicine ball lands at the same time as the basketball. The common answer, gravity, is not all that's at work in this physics demonstration.
- Get the class involved in a few falling object demonstrations, then cue the video
- Pair the resource with a lesson on inertia
- The video works well as an introduction to the concept
- Narrator provides easy explanations about gravity and inertia to explain what is happening
- Presents the topic in an amusing and engaging manner