This Mini-Lesson: Presidential Pardons lesson plan also includes:
- Informational Text
- Join to access all included materials
How do United States presidents give people second chances? Scholars research the concept of presidential forgiveness, or pardon. By completing an Executive Branch Mini-Lesson, class members get a better grasp of the power the executive branch has to waive guilt of a federal crime. They also build news literacy skills by fact checking current information related to pardons.
- Computer projection is an option for the lesson
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Resource allows for differentiated instruction using pairs for enhanced learning
- Contains teacher lesson plans for classroom distribution