This Mini-Lesson: Gerrymandering lesson plan also includes:
- Informational Text
- Join to access all included materials
Who determines the structure of voting districts? The concept of gerrymandering brings to light the ongoing issue of how those running for office gain votes. Hands-on activities enable scholars to analyze the re-drawing of voting districts in America, and why people would do it to favor one candidate over another. Current events on the actions of the legislative branch show how the media keeps tabs on the issue of gerrymandering.
- Requires projection and computer technology if using as a presentation
- Part of a series of mini-lessons covering the legislative branch
- Resource provides printable worksheets and materials for classroom use
- Lesson differentiates instruction with visuals and optional work in pairs