What happens when the earth reaches its carrying capacity of humans? As human populations grow, societies change from hunters and gatherers to agriculture to the industrial age and beyond. A video takes a global perspective of migration and societal development.
- Display maps of the migrations of human populations over time
- Debate if writing is a critical human progress or if oral traditions filled the same need
- Relies on prior knowledge of population limits and carrying capacity
- Connects science and history in interesting and new ways
- Provides subtitles in four languages to make note taking easier
- Explains the importance of tea or alcohol as a life-saving measure, historically