Genetic variation makes for stronger species, but for a mammalian species, humans are disturbingly closely related. Help your class explore human ancestry and genealogy using the 15th video in a 16-part series. It describes how we became a species and why visual differences hurt our species and cultural differences help.
- Discuss racism and why race isn't considered a genetic factor
- Create a timeline of human history and display the skin color variations, or lack thereof, based on the dates presented in the video
- Relies on prior knowledge of human migrations throughout history
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Includes closed captioning in English for English learners
- Connects history, geography, science, politics, and more
- Graphics keep viewers focused on the content