The population of the US increased 300 percent in the 20th century, but the use of raw materials increased by 1,700 percent. Explore human population growth over time with a video that examines the history of why such growth has occurred and what that means for the future.
- Have learners explore human population growth and carrying capacity to predict the future of the human population
- Read Tragedy of the Commons as a class and discuss
- Comments on YouTube may not be appropriate for school; be careful when projecting the video
- Narrator uses some colorful language
- Uses high-quality graphics and images
- Can use closed captioning to keep up with the speed of the narrator
- Engaging topic and information