This Mechanical Engineering: Crash Course Engineering #3 instructional video also includes:
Build a concrete understanding of mechanical engineering. Viewers watch an engaging video that describes mechanical engineering as the "design, construction, operation, and maintenance of mechanical systems." It also highlights some historical engineering milestones, including the inventions of the steam engine, airplanes, robotics, and biomechanics. This is the third of 46 installments in the Crash Course Engineering playlist.
- Team up with a history teacher for the lesson
- Have the class create a timeline of mechanical engineering feats
- Some background historical knowledge, such as a familiarity with the Wright brothers, is beneficial, but not necessary
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Thorough explanations make the concept clear
- Informative and illuminating