This Physics, Technology and Engineering in Automobile Racing unit plan also includes:
Start your engines! This five-lesson unit introduces physics and Newton's laws through automobile racing. Each lesson includes background information, a student worksheet, and an answer key. There are also culminating project ideas, extension activities, and a final assessment.
- Take the class on a virtual field trip of the places listed in the resource, especially if going on a real field trip is not ideal
- Be sure to read extension ideas before starting the unit
- Field trip ideas are located in MI, NC, TX, and FL but is not necessary for completing other parts of the activity
- Individuals should have background knowledge in algebra concepts
- Offers many extension ideas for group or individual work
- Includes a timeline of auto racing history and a glossary with key terms