This March on Washington: A Time for Change lesson plan also includes:
- Timeline: First Enslaved Africans are Brought to America
- Important Dates in Civil Rights History
- March on Washington Final Plan Manual
- March on Washington Program
- March on Washington Primary Documents Questions
- The Goals of the March on Washington: What Did They Hope to Accomplish?
- Join to access all included materials
Young historians conclude their study of the events that lead up to and the planning for the March on Washington. After examining videos and primary source documents, they consider the civil rights objectives that still need to be addressed.
24 Views 11 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- If all class members have tablets, save on the cost of printing and have individuals study the documents online
- The final lesson in a six-part unit study of the Civil Rights Movement
- Requires multiple copies of five documents
- The interactive timeline may be assigned for out-of-class viewing or viewed in class
- The interactive timeline includes videos and an Excel spreadsheet