This Introduction to Calculus lesson plan also includes:
Don't let your class's heart rates rise as you introduce them to differentiation ... an inquiry-based lesson helps them keep it in check! The second lesson in a three-part series asks learners to analyze the rate of change of different functions. They see the connection between the instantaneous rate of change and differentiation.
- Use as a unit to introduce your class to derivatives
- Expects a strong understanding rate of change of linear functions
- Requires the use of GeoGebra or similar technology
- Provides a presentation to accompany the lesson
- Incorporates technology to enhance skills