Oxford professor E.E. Evans-Pritchard's Witchcraft, Oracles, and Magic among the Azande is credited with developing the field of social anthropology. Introduce viewers to his argument that in the absence of science, societies like the Zande rely on mysticism to explain why natural phenomena occur.
- Use the video to introduce viewers to Evans-Pritchard's work and to the principles of social anthropology
- Pause the video frequently to check for understanding and answer questions
- Ensure viewers understand the concept of a rational chain of causation
- Most appropriate for college-level anthropology classes
- The video makes it easy to understand a very complex concept