This Instruments of Change: Making a Simple Stringed Instrument (CTE) lesson plan also includes:
What materials and skills does a person need to build a simple working instrument? With the first of four lessons from the Changing One's Tune: A Music Therapy STEM Integrated Project series, scholars learn about the basic structure of stringed instruments. They describe the parts of stringed instruments and discuss safe workplace practices. Finally, they create and play their own ukuleles or three-stringed guitars.
- Hold a talent show for each student to perform for the class
- Each lesson works its own or with the unit as a whole
- Must create a free account to access all lesson materials
- Requires various construction materials
- Helps foster social and emotional learning
- Integrates music, science, and English