This Influence and Persuasion: Crash Course Media Literacy video also includes:
Heard any good jingles lately? Chances are, you thought of several while you read this! Part of an extensive media literacy series, the video explores the world of advertising. Viewers see examples of different types of advertising, learn how 100 years of research guides the advertising industry, and ponder the relationship between human needs and marketing schemes.
- Make the video a standalone in a marketing lesson
- As an opener, ask the class to write down every jingle they think of for a certain type of product, such as technology, cosmetics, or candy
- Narrator references different advertising strategies, so pupils should have the Human Needs pyramid
- The video is sixth in the Crash Course series
- The content is very relatable for learners of all ages
- Simple animations provide visual cues to support difficult psychology concepts