This Imaginary Numbers Are Real (Part 6: The Complex Plane) video also includes:
How do addition and subtraction work on the complex plane? A short video presentation provides a clue on how to add complex numbers geometrically. The video ends with four problems to determine the rules for multiplication on the complex plane, which is the focus of the next video in the series.
- Provide the class with a set of addition problems to add on the complex plane, then provide students with a set of problems to subtract on the complex plane; have individuals share the method they used to subtract
- Have collaborative pairs work the example problems given at the end of the video and present to the rest of the class their theory on how to multiply complex numbers on the complex plane
- Part six of a nine-video series
- Introduces the notion of representing the operations of complex numbers on the complex plane using addition
- Provides a set of examples to try to determine the geometry of multiplying complex numbers on the complex plane