This Distance and Complex Numbers 2 lesson plan also includes:
Classmates apply midpoint concepts by leapfrogging around the complex plane. The 12th lesson in a 32 segment unit, asks pupils to apply distances and midpoints in relationship to two complex numbers. The class develops a formula to find the endpoint given a midpoint and another endpoint. They use the formula to find a point a weighted distance from an endpoint in the complex plane, and explore the a game of leapfrog on the complex plane.
- Compare the process of finding a point a given distance ratio between two complex points to finding a point on a directed line segment
- The class should be familiar with finding distances and midpoint on the complex plane
- Groups will need graph paper to do the exploratory challenges
- The lesson contains two collaborative exercises in which classmates practice working with midpoints
- The teacher notes suggest some common errors that should be brought up if not already done so by the class