This Distance and Complex Numbers 1 lesson plan also includes:
To work through the complexity of coordinate geometry pupils make the connection between the coordinate plane and the complex plane as they plot complex numbers in the 11th part of a series of 32. Making the connection between the two planes allows for the addition of points in geometry. This idea leads to finding the distance between two complex numbers and the midpoint between them.
- Create groups to work together based upon their performance on exercises one and three
- Depending on how fast the class grasps the concepts, there may be time to begin the work on the problem set
- The class should be familiar with how to find the distance and the midpoint between two points on the coordinate plane
- The scaffolding suggests to make a graphic organizer in order to compare the complex plane to the coordinate plane
- The rigor of the examples and problems is appropriate for a pre-calculus course.